Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Getaway to Falling Water

Ryan and I were lucky to go on a little getaway last week. Our wonderful friends, the Wildes, watched our kids to make the trip possible. Ryan and I stayed at The Summit Inn in Pennsylvania. It was an old fashioned classic lodge/hotel. In its day I am sure it was quite the place, Ryan and I could just picture women in the 30's with their swimming hats on, swimming in the extra long pools. We also imagined the banquets and weddings that have probably happened it their many banquet rooms. It was fun.

There was a beautiful view from the porch and pool area.
(Ryan and I thought it was funny that we both packed pretty much identical outfits. Can you tell we've been married for 12 years!)


Here is a glimpse of the pool behind me and there was a pool inside just as large as this one.

In the morning we were able to go to see Falling Water, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
The house and the surroundings were truly breathtaking.

I loved how these stairs went right into the water

There is almost the same amount of square footage of living space outside as inside. Every bedroom has it's own outdoor space.

This is the front door to the home. I loved the water feature and soap on a rope built in to the house to wash your hands before coming in.

Photos inside were not permitted, so unfortunately we don't have anymore photos. We truly enjoyed the whole visit.

No comments: